While I am meticulous in my technique, I try very hard to keep my work spontaneous. I may do a rough sketch of the main subject, but I never plan the placement of glass ahead of time. Throughout the creation process, I try to keep myself submerged in the moment of my initial inspiration, whether it be through sounds, smells, images, or returning to a specific location over and over again. My goal in working this way is to keep each mosaic alive & natural. Every piece of glass is put into place with purpose, intent, joy, love, and inspiration behind it.
Any moment in time that makes me pause and think to myself, “ohhhhhh... look at that!” has the possibility of being permanently captured in the form of a mosaic. Like a photograph, a mosaic is my way of trying to capture a moment -- with a helping of playfulness and a decent dollop of whimsy.
I always welcome inquiries regarding artwork commission, and both public or private mosaic installation work. Contact me with any questions you might have!
· October 2012- Mosaic Collaboration Mural Installation at Florence House, Portland ME·
· August 2012- Month-long show of my work, Cape Elizabeth Arts Commission Gallery, Cape Elizabeth ME·
· June 22-July 21, 2012- I was juried into "Art is Community III", a regional juried Fine Art show, Buxton ME·
· June 2012- Won First Place in the Mixed Media & Sculpture Category, Juried Art is Community III Show, Buxton ME·
· June 2012- Won Second Place- People's Choice Vote, in the Juried Art is Community III Show, Buxton ME·
· November 2011 Large mosaic installation at the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, Portland Maine·
· November 2011 Donation of a mosaic surfboard bench, Surfscapes, Portsmouth NH. Heading up this collaboration mosaic, with the PieceMaker Mosaic Group·
· September 2011 Commissioned Boston Children's Hospital Mosaic Installation, through Latitude Gallery, Newbury Street, Boston·
· 2011 London Hospital Trust Collection through the London Mosaic Project ·
· December 2010 NASA art contest finalist ·
· June 2010-current, selling at Trinket and Fern Gallery, Portland Maine ·
· June 2010 Philadelphia Magic Gardens Art Show ·
· May 2010 Solo month-long show at 645 Congress Street, Portland Maine ·
· May 2010 First Friday Artwalk Featured Artist, Portland Maine ·
· March 2010, Awarded First Place, over all favorite piece in Etsy Piece Maker Mosaic Contest "Dream a little Dream"·
· November 2009- April 2010 Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge MA, exhibit of select works ·
· Sept & October 2009 Somerville Museum exhibit "The Art of Mosaic" ·
· July & August 2009 Rise Gallery Exhibit ·
· July 2009 Solo month-long exhibit at Maples Organics, Portland Maine ·
· July 2009 First Friday Art Walk Featured Artist, Portland Maine ·
· December 2009 Freeport Square Gallery Featured Artist ·
· March 2009, Awarded First Place, over all favorite piece in an Etsy Piece Maker Mosaic Contest·
· 2008- full focus on commissioned private installation work.
· 2007- Current, Captain of the Piece Maker Mosaic Group, and international group of Mosaic artists·
· 2007-Current, Writer of the Piece Maker international mosaic group Blog, conducting interviews and highlighting mosaic art from
around the world·
Publications Online & in Print
Mosaic Art Charity London Book
Featuring Art work by select mosaic artists from around the world. Click here to purchase this wonderful book.
I was Featured on the Abode/Casa/Home website.
Click the image below to read the piece.
Mosaic Featured on TechRepublic, in an article about a NASA & Etsy art contest.
Front page of the Portland Press Herald's Home and Garden section.
Read the full interview here:
Professional memberships and affiliations: